Friday, October 1, 2010

An Update from our Newest Intern

N.B.  Tricia Renshaw, our lovely assistant winemaker here at Fox Run Vineyards, is swamped with bulk inventory record keeping today.  As much as she would rather be writing a blog post, we are fortunate our newest inter Mackenzie volunteered to step in and tell you all what we're up to.

Hello everyone.  My name is Mackenzie and I am an intern here at Fox Run Vineyards. I am currently a sophomore at Finger Lakes Community College in the Viticulture and Wine Technology program. This past summer I worked in the vineyards here at Fox Run learning how to manage and take care of vines. The experience was great, but I have come to find that being a vineyard manager is not the career for me. I’m currently working in the winery, helping out with the everyday tasks. So far I have really enjoyed my experience and have learned many new things that I can take back and use in my Enology class.

Today is a pretty quiet day. This morning I coated two barrels in a seal called Barrel Guard. This makes them water resistant and also preserves their appearance. Currently Kelby and I are transferring 2009 Lemberger out of a Flex tank into a stainless steel tank. The reason for doing this is so we can have a bigger blend. Next we are going to spray ball the Flex tank and put some 2010 Pinot Noir in to age. 

By: Mackenzie, Fox Run Intern


Music of the Day:




Support Artists, buy the music you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment